Sunday, June 03, 2007

Church, Birds and Chaos

I haven't been to church in a very long time. I wasn't sure this morning if I wanted to go, but I got up and got ready. I was rewarded by seeing a Eurasian Collard Dove on our way to the car. The drive to the church included more birds. The service itself was nice. Kinda fun to watch Dad officiate.

The best part was on our way home we saw two strange birds in a field. Mom and I both guessed common and wrong birds. Melinda turned the car around and was right there were two Crested Caracaras. WOW! (see list below for full birding info)

I made dinner (with assistance from Nan and company) and Mike, Tessa and their 4 kids came over. Chaos ensued. It's a good kind of chaos that only 5 small children (Mikey, Sydney, Katy, Evie & Frankie) can make. Of course it didn't help that Nanette the instigator was egging them on to louder and funnier antics. I have the cutest nieces and nephews.

After later
Jenny

Eurasian Collared Dove (new)
Dicksissel
Cardinals
Painted Bunting
Barn Swallows
Turkey Vulture
Mourning Doves
Mockingbirds
Common Grackles
Great Grackles
Eastern Meadowlarks
House Sparrows
Scissor Tailed Flycatdcher
Western Kingbird
Crested Caracara (new)
Green Heron
Starlings
Cliff Swallows
Red Bellied Woodpecker (new)
Red Tailed Hawks
Black Vultures
Snowy Egret
Great Egret

No comments: