Friday, May 09, 2008

The road home, Lakewood to Pocatello


DSC03251
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
Weather is always a fun thing in April. I checked weather and road conditions and decided to leave as early as possible cause snow was on the way. Allegedly the freeway through Vail was supposed to be fine, and the weather there was supposed to be fine. Of course, it wasn't what I would call fine.

On the other hand, the snow falling on those mountains, thick with pine and spruce trees was a gorgeous sight. And as long as it was drifting flakes it was fine. The water and muck on the road being thrown up by passing trucks was not fine. (Have I used the word fine enough?) I drove over mountain passes and through snow, rain, sleet, and eventually sunshine. I chose the route up through Price to Salt Lake City.

Before I got to SLC I started calling sisters. Eventually, Rebecca and Hannah met up with me for dinner at the Olive Garden there in SLC. I really needed the break. I then finished the last bit of trip for home, another circuit finished.

Road home: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157605110793107/

No comments: