Saturday, June 19, 2010

Journal Entry for June

INTERVIEW FOR INTERIM DEAN Fri June 11th

This spring Kay decided to take a job with Bowling Green State University in Ohio. It's near her sister and mother and a good opportunity with good pay. I couldn't blame her a bit. The Provost's office sent the library staff an open letter requesting recommendations for someone from the staff to serve as interim dean. I was surprised and honored to be nominated by my colleagues. One in particular wrote an amazing letter, and led the charge so to speak. I was further surprised to be interviewed and thought I did well. It was exciting and thrilling to be nominated, but it was not meant to be and I think it has turned out well. Sandi is doing a great job.

---


KAY'S FAREWELL PARTY Fri June 18th

The library hosted a large farewell party at the library. Lots of irises, books, shakespeare, photos and people. We will miss her. I will miss her.

See library news post at: http://libpublic2.eol.isu.edu/blogs/ln/wordpress/?p=766

No comments: