Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Update

A lot has happened since 2013. Birding, travel, adventures, job offers (no I didn't take any), changes in my job, new cars, new hobbies, and lots and lots of fun, learning, adventures, beauty, art ...

DSCN6303
Bedroom in Cliffdome 2016
I'm now maintaining a birding/adventure blog with Melinda and Arlene
at: https://blueravenbirders.com/. And of course my library blog still exists at: http://librarybanter.blogspot.com/ I've kept journals and over the past few years and may end up writing up some of my life and interfiling it here on this blog.

This is a big year for me.  I finish paying off my student loans in March!!!  Whoo Hooo!  I am so grateful that I was able to get the education I have. I am grateful for those student loans.  I would not have the life I currently enjoy without them.   Just a few weeks ago I finished paying off my sewer line.  I'm hoping to be debt free next spring.  Of course I'm also working on going on another sabbatical next spring and that usually costs.  I'm not certain I can of course, but it is in my long term goals to redo my sabbatical to update the research.

Otherwise, I expect the year will include rodeos, photography, art, trips to yellowstone, possibly Alaska, and definitely Texas.

As an update on my family...

Mom & Dad are still in TX
Sarah married Lance and retired from teaching
Nanette married Gary and retired from being a full-time engineer. She is writing like crazy
  Matt and Carrie are here in Pocatello
  Kaleb and Hillary and their daughter Sloane live in UT
  Erika has been performing in many plays/musicals and lives in Dallas
David and Jen just moved their family into their new dome home in Logan UT
  Amy just graduated from high school
Melinda is busy with her property management job and continues to bird
Rebecca married Joe and with their cute little daughter Chanel moved into her own dome home in TX
  Hannah is also living in TX
Jessica and Doug moved to Spanish Fork UT
Mike and Tessa are still in TX with their children, chickens, dogs, garden and bees.
Jamie and Hob are still in AZ where Jamie trains diabetes medical assistance dogs.

Clearly there is a lot of change since my original posting about my immediate family.



No comments: