Sunday, March 13, 2022

Today's photo challenge: Turquoise

My jewelry collection... I am obsessed with Turquoise.  

There are many pieces with stories.  Gifts from my mom - the Native American fetish necklace on the upper right, the circle pendant from my sister Robin. The abalone pendant from the Native Arts fair in Anchorage with Arlene, the brass mandala pendant from my visit with friends in California.  The orange/turquoise ring from the Fort Hall pow wow with Sydney, the other rings from the trading post in New Mexico with Shanna when driving back and forth to Texas.  The big bracelet from a rock shop visit with friends in Ogden UT.  The tufa stone cast ring by the fetish necklace also from the trading post.  The small squash blossom necklace on the lower right that I wore in high school, then my grandmother wore it for many years and it returned to me when she passed on.  So many memories in one silver dish memories of loved ones, dear ones, friends, and adventures.

78 turquoise 01

78 turquoise 02

No comments: