Friday, June 09, 2006

Kiwano...

When Melinda was last visiting, Nick and I picked up a strange looking fruit at Fred Meyers. We like trying new and weird fruits and vegetables, and I had never seen anything weirder (except maybe durians). Anyway, it sat in the fruit bowl for a couple of weeks when Nick finally decided the time had come to taste it.

I was in my office minding my own business when he comes in and shows me the cut up fruit . I thought it looked a little slimy, pretty though in all of its bright colors, green interior and orange exterior. I passed on trying it right then. Nick left, taking his fruit with him, only to come back minutes later with the look of a very disappointed man.

Apparently Kiwano is not very tasty. Nick found someone else's blog entry and apparently Nick and obsess.com have the very same opinion. See: http://www.obsess.com/fruit/kiwano for the funniest read ever. I started reading it out loud and Nick confirmed every bit of the blog. :) :) :)

After Later
Jenny

2 comments:

Summer Reader said...

They should warn you about those inedible fruits. "Warning! Garnish! Don't say we didn't warn you!"

Jenny Lynne said...

I can't believe they actually sell this without a warning label. -- J :)