Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yoga Room


After 5
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
I realized recently that I wasn't stretching out, doing yoga, or even belly dancing anymore. And I figured out the cause... my living room. My living room has become chock full of large beautiful pieces of furniture. So in order to work out I had to move it and then move it back. I have known for awhile that my evening stretching wasn't happening because of dog hair and debris. In order to use the floor I needed to vacuum. Nothing quite like fuzzy poodle paws to track in dirt, pine needles, and leaf debris. I don't mind vacuuming that much, but before every evening stretch was a bit much.

So I was racking my brain trying to think of a space to convert to a place for yoga and the light bulb went on over my head. (Yes I think you could really see it.) I had a little used guest bedroom downstairs. It had ugly blue carpet, paneling and would be just perfect with a little work.

And here it is. We gave the bed away, removed the dresser and one of the night stands. I kept a night stand for the fountain to sit on, traded out the desk for a real tv stand and kept the nice desk to hold videos, candles, cd's, etc...

Best of all, it works. I stretched out before going to bed last night. Whoooo HOOOOOO!!! I might even take up regular meditation again.

Jenny

For more pictures see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157606750786749/

No comments: