Monday, August 23, 2010

Journal Entry - Huckleberries & Garage Sales

HUCKLEBERRY PICKING (FRI 13th)
Image from Small Goat Garden Blog: http://smallgoatgarden.blogspot.com/2009/08/idaho-huckleberries.html

With Maura, Shanna, Heather, & Duo, I left work early and we drove up to the Huckleberry patch Northeast of Idaho Falls. I didn't find many huckleberries, it was late and the bushes had been picked over quite thoroughly. Still, it was nice to be outside in the forest with friends and squirrels. One chattery fellow was most unhappy with the invasion into his territory.

Heather & Duo had other obligations leaving Maura, Shanna and me to find dinner. We ended up waiting a long time for a table at the Brownstone Restaurant and Brewery http://brownstonebrewpub.com/. The food there is always good and the service is also, even if you do have to wait 30 - 45 minutes to get a table.

GARAGE SALE - FINALE FRI & SAT 20 & 21

Nick came home to continue/finish his repainting of the trim on the house. Heather & Duo along with Jim & Maura hung out and we did a big combined garage sale. The highlight for me, was the picking up and walking off (by two of the three college guys) of the old sofa we had in the basement. Nick and I purchased it for $15 from Salvation Army oh, 13 or so years ago. We sold it for $15. After we had packed it all in we went over to celebrate at the Five Guys Burgers. I don't go for burgers very often, but Jim loves them. I was surprised at how much I liked it. It's a whole different kind of burger.

No comments: