Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Journal Entry - Fair & TV

EASTERN IDAHO STATE FAIR

DSC02367

Nick came to visit and we took a morning and went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot. I made us leave super early so that we'd be there when they opened. I wanted to watch the Stock Dog Competitions again. They are so awesome. First the dogs herded sheep around then they herded cattle. The cows were much more frisky and argumentative than the sheep. One cow did a bunch of dog chasing. Behind the bleachers the dock dog people were set up and testing. Nothing like launching a dog out across the water... Those dogs really could move. We looked at travel trailers and horses.



I fell in LOVE with the Norwegian Fjord horse http://www.nfhr.com/catalog/index.php. I want one so badly. We ate bad fair food and looked at lots of stuff. I ended up having to buy a hat because the sun was more fierce than I was. It was fun to hang out and enjoy each other. We headed home in the early afternoon, worn out but happy.

Image from: http://www.zazzle.com/norwegian_fjord_power_house_card-137184665408827815

For more images from the state fair see:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157625368901137/with/5218756622/

CLEANING THE CARPETS


We should have a rule. After the carpets are cleaned, I'm not allowed back into the house till all the furniture is back in place. Last time we cleaned it all out and had the carpets done I wouldn't let the sofas back in. This time, it was the TV. Shanna and I had been cleaning out and cleaning up all summer. We had removed plants and a bookcase and knick knacks and I knew that if I replaced my big square of a tv with a flat screen I could clean it up even more. Well, seeing it all empty I just couldn't take it. AND worse still, I had the money in my checking account. I went around and around with myself but ended up buying one from Walmart, the biggest and best I could afford. It is AWESOME. (Sanyo 46" LCD 1080p) I'm calling it my birthday present. Nick studiously avoided giving an opinion on the whole thing. I finally asked him if he thought it was a good decision or not and he admitted that he wanted one badly and did not want to influence my thinking too much. :) I love him.

(Written Dec 2010)

No comments: