Sunday, January 09, 2011

Plans for the New Year?

I try not to make any real resolutions though I do have some plans worked out. 

1. Try to read more books, more spread out instead of clumped together.  I missed my target of 2 books per week last year by 8 books.  In the end I decided I wanted to spend the holidays with friends and family (and writing) instead of just buried in a book, no matter how delightful.  Oh, 2 books at 52 weeks = 104 books, this year I'm going to make it.  I just need to find a balance between novel speed binges and nonfiction slowness. - READ/LEARN

2. Trite, I know, but relose the weight I've gained over the past 2 years. It crept up on me and the six weeks of broken foot didn't help.  Any weight lost beyond that is just gravy (*snicker*). I've been doing yoga in the morning for a few weeks and expect that to continue, and I'm back on my treadmill. - TAKE CARE OF BODY

3. Write more.  Maybe the writing raven fairy can inspire me.  - CREATE

4. Remember to breathe, remember that I like people and doing things, remember to let go of control ... - RELAX

Really, all 4 of these in one form or another are constant activities/goals and not just once a year things. 

As for other kinds of plans... 

I'll be going
  • Boise in January to attend the ILA board meeting
  • Boise in October for ILA conference
  • Spokane in August, I'm hoping to present with Karen at the PNLA conference there
  • Yellowstone a couple more times in order to make that parks pass worth it's while
  • Rock hunting/camping in the Tahoe region for Summer Solstice
  • ??? depending on where Nick is
I'm sure there are going to be other adventures. I can't help myself.

No comments: