Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Iron Cranes

Once upon a time there was a crane.

The crane stood with two of his fellows at a store. They were so lovely but I thought, "I only need one." But no, I sent Shanna back to grab the others while I held our spot in the checkout line.

My aunt, came to visit and she loved them. So months later when next I spotted the very same cranes at the store I bought another pair, thinking I'd give them to her, but no. She didn't visit again till it was too late and I had fallen in love with them as a larger flock.

Months later I found a lonely crane at the store in Utah and he had to come home. Then a year or so later there were two more. The flock was growing, I couldn't help myself. I had 9 of them. Then a strange crane appeared, he was the same size though a different species. He clearly needed a flock.

When there were only three they lived in the living room. Roaming from one area to another. I had a treadmill in the living room for about a year and they liked standing on it. As the flock grew they wandered from upstairs looking out the big windows to downstairs hanging out in the family room. 

This spring I moved them out to the front porch. I thought I had a picture of this activity, but no.

Here they are flocked in the living room waiting to migrate to the basement family room until the holidays are over when they'll come back to look out the front windows once again.
  _JLS2992

No comments: