Thursday, October 28, 2021

Decor: Halloween Simplified

Usually we do big decorating for Halloween, lights, costumed stuffed bears, pumpkin collection, and lots and lots of ravens. This year I've perhaps been too depressed, too tired, or too busy to pull out the boxes so I cheated.  I usually keep these ravens in my glass fronted cabinet mixed in with the native pots collection.  I pulled them out and put them on the mantle to give a nod to the season.  

Here's the mantle:

The black bear is a hand painted ceramic that I picked up in New Mexico.  



I collected these onyx sculpted ravens at various rock shops.  Shanna and I both really love the little one with blue eyes.


These small pots came from a variety of sources.  The two on the left are completely hand made. The one on the right is hand painted with the horsehair technique. 


The stem looking object on the left is actually a ceramic vase. I bought it from a talented potter in Boise she used a log as a mold.  The raven on wood is a mass produced cast resin object from a gifts shop.


And my final raven came from a craft store.


As I sit on my sofa working on needlepoint and watching tv I get to look at this collection of objects that represent autumn and Halloween the season of ravens.  

Next year I'll have to bring out all of the things.

-- Jenny

No comments: