Thursday, November 18, 2021

Cold Weather Bedroom

It's autumn and time for a new bedroom look. I love linens and fabrics, colors and textures and use my bedroom as the canvas for my fabric/décor art or obsession. For years I've changed out my bedding every spring and autumn. Summer bedrooms are lighter and brighter celebrating the sun and the warm weather. Winter bedrooms are more moody, cozy, comfy and dramatic celebrating with gratitude warm houses and comfortable beds.

_JLS0635

Because of my new more country or rustic pieces and my smaller bed I needed to make some changes. I usually keep what I would consider fancy fabrics such as raw silks and velvets together and casual fabrics such as cottons and linens together. I rarely let them cross over or mix. This fall I had to make a change. Retaining the washstand in the bedroom just made me feel that I needed to rethink this separation of fabrics. So here's my cold weather cowgirl bedroom in red faux raw silk with cotton ecru and roses old fashioned quilts and fabric. I mixed in woven cottons and velvet curtains. I also swapped the summer painting for my fringed leather western jacket.

_JLS0633

No comments: