Thursday, December 09, 2021

Christmas Eve Eve Party


We (my friends and family) are going to do a Christmas Eve Eve party based on the Icelandic tradition of Jolabokaflod.  Google it and you'll find a ton of stuff about Jolabokaflod, including how to pronounce it.  

The basic idea is to get together, gift each other books, and stay up all night reading, of course there's food too.  I saw one article that talked about reading and eating chocolate and loved that idea. 

There are 7 of us and originally, we were going to draw names for the book exchange, but this morphed into giving books to everyone. We also decreed that used books and books from one's own library can be gifted.  This makes it much more affordable.  It will also give us options on what we want to read for Jolabokaflod.


Soup and bread for dinner, a bunch of chocolate desserts, books, sofas with cozy blankets and pillows, sounds like a great party to me.  Napping will be allowed/encouraged. Frankly I think I'm too old to stay up all night.  

I gotta say that I am really looking forward to this party. - Jenny

No comments: