Friday, April 07, 2006

Cast of Characters: My Family -- Part 1

I thought a few introductions might be in order:

Jenny, that’s me. I’m a librarian and curious adventurer. I’m a little prone to leaping before looking which has led me to a few odd things. As I’ve gotten older I try to plan more carefully. This doesn’t always help. I love rocks, flowers, trees, mountains, all things in nature and am obsessed with knowing their names and how they work and fit together. I enjoy the outdoors a great deal and while you may have a picture in your head of some fit, trim, athletic looking woman, let me disabuse you of it. I am a very cute, short, pudgy sort of person who is a LOT stronger than she looks. :) It is nice to be underestimated.

Nick is my husband of ten or twenty years, depending on which date you’re working from. I’ll save the rest of that story for another post. Career wise he has been in the Navy, worked as a line chief in a plant, and been a computer network dude. He is currently a geology student. He loves being outside and is an avid mountain biker, hiker and picker up of rocks. He’s very good at spotting birds and insists that he is NOT a birder.

Shanna is my daughter. She is wonderful, bright, beautiful and precious to me. She is currently a student at the same university where my husband is going and where I work. She is fascinated by all things Japanese. Her anime collection is quite large and she is taking classes to learn the language. She is more indoor girl than outdoor and can be found online by her friends at all hours of the day. Still, she likes pretty rocks as much as the next person and is always ready to dig for crystals.

Boo & Barkley are our dogs. Boo is an old mutt that my husband came with when I remarried him. Barkley is a charming and huge, cream colored standard poodle. They, of course love to go on adventures. Mountain biking and hiking around looking for rocks with Nick are two of their favorite activities.

That's my little group at home right now.
Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are all wonderful. I think Nick will be a great geologist! You are never underestimated in my world, Jenny! And Shanna.... you are my dear granddaughter who grew up without my realizing it.

Love you all,
Mom