Friday, April 07, 2006

Cast of Characters: My Family -- Part 3

Last but certainly not least are my parents and my brothers. :)

The Parents
Judy (my Mom) is the person most directly responsible for this fascination I have with the natural world. She has studied, flowers, herbs, birds and many other things while I was growing up. She is interesting and interested in the world and people around her. Known for her wisdom, caring and gentleness, Mom is one of the people I turn to when I need help sorting things out.
Occupation: Mom, volunteer, knowledge repository

David (my Dad) is the guy who took us camping when there were only three of us daughters. He grew up in Island Park and has always displayed an interest in rocks. He teaches constantly. We've had lectures on physics, geology, math and other business or science topics when on road trips our whole lives. Now that I really think about it, how could I not turn into this mad naturalist? Dad is caring, practical, inspired, dynamic and has a charisma that makes him the tallest man in any room.
Occupation: Dad, inventor, and president of several companies
See: http://www.monolithic.com

The Brothers
David is patient and brainy. He has a wife named Jen and three (almost four) kids: Amy, Aubrey, and Sam plus the one on the way. They are a great family and I wish I had had half as much sense when raising my own daughter. David is a gifted writer and is launching his own newspaper business online.
Occupation: Entrepreneur

Mike is loving and fun. He is always up for a grand adventure. He can build just about anything heading up as foreman construction teams for Monolithic. He also works with computers and networks. Mike is married to Tessa and has four kids: Mike, Caty, Evie and Frank. Mike is a great dad. He loves his kids very much and can frequently be spotted toting several around.
Occupation: Construction Foreman, Computer Network Dude

That's it for the central family. I have a score of aunts and uncles and hordes of cousins. We'll just have to introduce them as they come and go from the stage.

Jenny

No comments: