Thursday, June 25, 2009

The rest of the weekend


While Yellowstone was a high point of the weekend, the rest of it was fun too. On Friday morning Nick and I went horseback riding with the ISU outdoor center people. I need to find more leg strengthening exercises. Mounting without a block just isn't possible for me. Good news is, my horsy friend says that it isn't that great for the horse either. So my new excuse is I'm trying to keep the horse in good shape. It's not that I'm out of shape...

That evening we had a potluck with a larger group of friends (Ty, Emily, Duo, Heather, Bill, John +Emily's brother). It's always good to get together and talk and hang out.

At dinner on Saturday in Yellowstone we discussed getting together for brunch on Sunday. When and where were frustrating for all of us. Most restaurants here are packed on Father's day. Finally we decided to just cook it ourselves. A Sunday feast of pancakes, eggs and bacon was enjoyed by all. Then we dispersed to recover from the weekend. I must say I was happy to nap and sit and do a lot of nothing.

No comments: