Friday, April 30, 2010

Journal Entry - Rocks & ILA Regional


Rock Show (Pocatello) April 4th

Every year the local gem and mineral club hosts a rock show at the county fairgrounds and every year we go. This year I found three lovely pieces of red coral that I had to take home to use for future necklaces.


ILA Regional in Soda Springs April 30th

I went as Academic Vice Chair to the regional conference in Soda Springs http://www.sodaspringsid.com/. I drove Spencer & Regina down with me. Unfortunately we arrived a little late and missed the first bit of the Keynote speaker John Brown, writer of Servant of a Dark God http://johndbrown.com/. He spoke about his experiences being a writer. It was delightful. Spencer went to the Kindle session and he brought us back a wealth of information about using them in the library. We used this info to inform our own decisions and policies when we purchased three for ISU in July. I sat out and talked with librarians and vendors. I believe the networking and vendor schmoozing pays off. I attended Nick's session on his work in Soda Springs. He did a great job, very interesting. I must say that the food provided for this regional conference was the best conference food I've ever had. It truly was outstanding and the range of sessions was solid even though I only attended two.

No comments: