Saturday, November 20, 2010

Journal Entry - ILA Business Mtg in Boise

ILA BOARD MEETING - NOVEMBER 14 -16

As the Academic Chair for the Idaho Library Association, I went to Boise for a meeting in mid November. I left on Sunday the 14th, driving my little red car. I listened to Janet Evanovich's book 'Hot Six' (Stephanie Plum). I didn't stop till Mountain Home when necessity overwhelmed me. I ate a late lunch there at the truck stop, chicken and potatoes. Later I got to the hotel (Safari Inn http://www.safariinndowntown.com/). My foot was a problem and I was happy they had an elevator, I was not happy with the five stairs up to the elevator. Ack. After settling in I drove off looking for a grocery store where I could pick up cheese and grapes for a late snack/dinner. I then returned to the hotel and continued reading: 'One Hex of a Wedding' (Chintz 'n China, Book 5) by Yasmine Galenorn.



The meeting began at 8:00 a.m. in the hotel. A box lunch was provided so we worked on through the afternoon, finishing around 4:00. It was quite interesting, lots of conversation about the next conference, budgets, strategic plans, and subcommittees.



Phil and I arranged to meet up at 5:00 to do a little shopping - Cost Plus (Where I bought a bottle of wine for Nick) and Barnes and Noble (Where I got the Transiberian Orchestra Xmas album). Then to Bar Gernica http://bargernika.com/ for Basque food dinner. MMMMMMmmmmmm Potato/egg tortilla, which was more like a quiche for appetizers, then croquettes and other stuff for dinner. I can't remember all of what I ate, just that it was scrumptious.

On the drive home, I had planned to listen to another novel, but instead found myself thinking and listening to music. I LOVE driving. My brain always feels more relaxed after it has had that kind of time to ponder.

I did not take any of these photos but found them on various sites.

No comments: