Sunday, November 07, 2010

Journal Entry Oct 31-Nov 4

PUMPKIN TOSS & HALLOWEEN PARTY - OCTOBER 31



The ISU physics department sponsored a competition Pumpkin Chuck. Shanna and I went and had an awesome time. The trebuchet's launched pumpkins near, far and even in the wrong direction.



Heather, Duo came over later and we hung out and watched movies and feasted on candy (candy corn, mini chocolate bars...) and popcorn (cheese & caramel). We only had two kids stop by for trick or treating.

Movie List
Hocus Pocus
John Carpenter's Vampires
Van Helsing
Van Helsing Cartoon



BIRTHDAY - NOVEMBER 1
As fall roared in I made another change to my bedroom. I had fallen in love with the autumn jewel tone picture of a pair of tango dancers. I left it at the store cause I just didn't want to be spending the money. It was still there when we went back a week or so later. I bought it. It went well with the rich reds and golds I had as my regular bedding. Still, I was hoping to add another level of panache to my winter bed. I went shopping in Idaho Falls, looking for something in a jewel toned orange or amber. Kohls had a great set but it was over $500, TJMAXX had nothing, Ross had nothing, Bed Bath and Beyond was strike three. I had wondered about Target and there is where we found an amber velvet bedspread with pillow shams. It was fine. I brought it home and it turned out to be perfect. I swapped out the green palm leaf art for my autumn leaf painting in my yoga room. This was another perfect fit as the palm leaves echoed the palm tree (fake) already in the room. Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of a few more clothes, or shoes, or bags, or ...



THE TOE - NOVEMBER 4
Sometime in the middle of the night on the 2nd of November I had to get up. On my way back to the bed, fate decided to lend a hand and between me being groggy and the dog and a piece of furniture I bashed my little toe really hard. Apparently I broke it. I never did go to the doctor cause there's nothing they can do for you except tell you to stay off it. Friends encouraged me to tape it to my other toe but that was excruciating. My little toe doesn't move much when left alone.

For the first few weeks the weather was lovely and I was able to wear sandals to work. Then winter came in with a blizzard. Luckily my snow boots are large through the toebox. I wore them for the next couple of weeks. At week six I finally was able to wear boxy shoes. At week seven the tendon/muscle/ligament I damaged settled down enough to wear regular shoes, and by week eight I finally put my workout shoes back on.

I really appreciate being able to walk without pain and to be able to wear shoes. (dec 28, 2010)

No comments: