Thursday, May 27, 2021

Review: Escape to the Chateau


 A few years ago John and Bill told me about this amazing television series on PBS, but produced by the BBC.  "Escape to the Chateau" had just started showing season 2 and I fell in love.  Dick Strawbridge (engineer) and his wife Angel Adoree (artist) move from England to France and buy the  Château de la Motte-Husson.  The series follows the couple along with their two children and her parents as they renovate the chateau and make it a functioning special events business.  



What's completely entertaining is that on my visit to Texas the following Christmas I was talking about how much fun the show is and Sydney pipes up about how she saw it while visiting in England but couldn't find anything about it here in the U.S. She seemed relieved to know that someone else could verify the series existence.


The can-do spirit, the unbridled and not-HGTV approved decorating and the artistic verve are all attractive to me.  I absolutely love this series you should definitely go find it.

- Jenny




No comments: