Thursday, June 24, 2021

Recipe: Kielbasa Breakfast Skillet

IMG_3974
Chopping

Shanna and I like big breakfasts or rather brunches on the weekend. One of our favorites is this breakfast skillet. She peels potatoes for me as I start sautéing onions. I cook the potatoes in the microwave. Alternately I use leftover potatoes from other meals.

I can't give you real measurements because it depends on how much you want to make. Here are my approximations:






IMG_3979
Sautéing 

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 Polska Kielbasa or other sausage
  • 1/2 - 1 cup chopped bell pepper
  • 2-4 chopped cooked potatoes (cause we LOVE potatoes)
  • 5 eggs (mixed with a tablespoon or two of milk like you would for scrambled eggs)
  • Some salt (don't ask me I sometimes forget to even do this)
Directions:

  • Sauté onions in butter in large skillet
  • Add chopped kielbasa and bell peppers and continue to sauté (usually till the potatoes are done)
  • Add chopped cooked potatoes
Be sure to turn over/mix the food in the skillet so browning can occur on the kielbasa and potatoes. The more butter you use the less browning will occur. Once it all of this is heated through and browned appropriately make a space and pour in the eggs.

IMG_3980
Stirring in the eggs
Once the eggs are cooked it is ready to serve. Shanna always adds garlic salt and cheese. I like to add fresh diced tomatoes.

IMG_3984




IMG_3983














This is a super easy dish to cook. -- Jenny

No comments: