Thursday, June 17, 2021

Review: Paul Hollywood’s Big Continental Road Trip


 I needed a new television series to needlepoint to so I searched Netflix and it found me Paul Hollywood’s Big Continental Road Trip.  I watched the preview and was hooked.  So much entertainment. A roadtrip with a great host and interesting cars.  I love cars and driving and the Great British Baking show aka Bake Off.  

Italy

This is a three part series with an episode devoted to a single country: Italy, Germany, France. Sometimes the cars were sporty or expensive and sometimes the cars were cheap or ubiquitous. 

Germany

Italy is my favorite episode partly because I also watch Dancing with the Stars and the judge Bruno Tonioli shows Paul around and partly because I like the zest and joie de vie of the Italians. 

France

I recognize that sometimes the show is using stereotypes to typify the cultures but they are also showing us the country and discussing all kinds of historical and cultural bits. Definitely a fun romp.

For a summary and more information about each episode follow the links. 

No comments: