Monday, January 07, 2013

New Life, New Blog

And here we are settling in to our new blog space.  Wondering what to say and how to start.  Do I dig through the past or just focus on the future?  Do I put up organization ideas or travel notes or just random thoughts and questions?   Like almost everything else in my life I am starting at square one, rebuilding a life, reworking long term goals and short term realities.  All the cards got shuffled then tossed into the air.  What will my life look like now?  And the bigger question, what do I want it to look like.  Stay tuned for the ongoing adventures of me.

Once upon a time a friend gave me the personal motto "Audeo" meaning "I Dare" somehow while I have been married I lost some of that verve some of that fearlessness.  My own motto had been "If you don't risk you don't win."   I want more of that old me back, the fearless, the passionate, the vibrant and alive.  It took a bad fall, a damaged leg and two surgeries to crack the cocoon of fear. And then there was the thing that had scared me the most, a divorce.  It happened, and I have survived and perhaps even thrived as I have intentionally and with great care mourned and tried to be present in my recovery.   Hooray for therapy, yoga, meditation, prayer, good friends, sisters and most of all my daughter.

More to come soon.

No comments: