Sunday, January 06, 2013

Endings and Beginnings

Nick asked me for a divorce first part of August.  I was sitting in a restaurant in Boise on my way home from somewhere.  I still can't believe that instead of owning up and facing it and our troubles he just walked away from us.  My food arrived as I hung up the phone and I just had them box it up.  Applebees gave me my dinner for free. And I went back to my hotel to cry and wonder WTF.

Fast forward to now. Many people came forward once they heard I was getting a divorce with all kinds of stories about his past misdeeds and how I was "better off without him".   The saddest part is that I think those deeds contributed to his walking away.  He couldn't own up to what he had done.  I thought this marriage, our marriage could weather anything and was worth the efforts necessary to do so.  But apparently that was only my point of view and I still believe that in Aug if he had stood up for us we'd still be together. That's not to say it would be all sunshine and flowers, we had problems that needed serious work. But wouldn't it have been worth it?  16 years and it's over.

Another thing that has ended is this blog.  I just have no heart for anything called the Semenza Chronicle.  That's no longer who I am.  

I have a new life, new goals, new vistas to explore and people to meet.  If you know me and want to continue to follow my adventures drop me an email.  I am starting a new blog, elsewhere...



1 comment:

Jessica said...

Makes sense to me. I love you!