Friday, January 18, 2013

On the road I need...

I love to travel and have acquired both a Shuffle and a Nano to support my drives.  Nothing like tunes or books to listen to while on the road.  Only problem was keeping track of them in the tote bag that I keep in my front seat.  Then I added a Kindle to my life and it's cord was also running loose. AND then there's another camera card and...   This is my solution:


Now they're safe in my bag and I can always feel around (keeping my eyes on the road like a good girl) and find the one I need.

As for the tote bag.  I keep the following in it when I'm off on a road trip:
  • iPods, spare camera card, & Kindle cord
  • Lyrics for songs I'm trying to memorize
  • Spare beverage (though I usually travel with a gallon of water in the trunk)
  • Snacks such as raisins, cashews, granola bar...
  • The batfolders for the places I'm going (I'll be writing a batfolder entry one of these days)
  • Sunscreen
  • Extra book in paper in case the Kindle runs out of power.  I like to stop and get out of the car for food breaks and other breaks and sit and read.
In the pockets in my car I keep:
  • Tums
  • Sunglasses
  • Binoculars (2 pairs, the spotting scope rides in the trunk with a couple of spare blankets and a neck pillow)
  • Bird identification book
  • Kleenex
  • Transmitter cord to broadcast the signal of my iPods
  • Recharge cord for phone that plugs into the lighter
  • Transducer to allow recharging or use of other devices
  • Dental floss
  • Book light
  • Flash light

If I'm on a big road trip (more than 3 days) I'll add a first aid kit, a plastic tarp, duct tape and spare toilet paper to the box in my trunk.

Of course it goes without saying that there are usually suitcases, computer case, occasionally coolers, file boxes and more, cause of course I can't go anywhere without being over prepared.  I did finally stop having just one suitcase for accessories and shoes though.




No comments: