Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm flying on a jet plane, part 2

So I finally made it onto the plane. I had read my ticket and it said two stops. But I didn't have to change planes. I had no idea that two stops didn't mean Salt Lake City and Dallas, but Salt Lake City (where I began), Phoenix, Oklahoma City, AND THEN Dallas.

Okay, So I'm totally blonde. I'm really looking forward to the return trip where I have two stops and a change of planes in Dallas. I had movies with me, and headphones. I thought that would make the trip easier. And it would have if I had been able to hear anything. On a plane, noise canceling headphones would be very helpful. Definitely a thing to buy on my big shopping list.

So I landed and then took the long way to the baggage claim where Min and Nan met me. Getting my bags off the baggage carousel I ripped the leg off of one of my suitcases. This is the same suitcase with the rip in the canvas. I guess I'll be buying a suitcase while I'm here.

Interestingly, during the last hop from Oklahoma City to Dallas one of my seat mates was an employee for a major gas and oil exploration company. He's a specialized computer dude. He said that if someone wants to do exploration geology they either are graduates from the 5 year bachelors program from the Colorado School of Mines, or they have a masters degree...

After later
-- Jenny

No comments: