Monday, October 20, 2008

Homecoming Parade


DSC07334
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
So, the library, or rather a couple of ambitious library folk figured out an easy idea for a parade entry. I was going to meet up with them and help with last minute decorating on Saturday morning. I got up really early and drove out to where the parade would be forming up.

The bad news is that we weren't allowed to get anywhere near the parade line in our cars. AND I didn't know where in the line the library vehicle would be. So I parked my car a few blocks from the head of the parade and started walking down the line of entries.

Some were very cool, like the Native American one with the big bison statue. It was a brisk morning with a good Idaho wind keeping people near buildings and in cabs of trucks. I kept walking.

And walking, and walking, and I go to the end of the parade (though it continued to be created as I walked) and still no library entry. Somehow I got my wires crossed on where they would be, bummer. I arrived at 8:10 a.m. at the parade line-up. I got back to my car at 8:45 a.m. My pedometer told me I had already walked a mile and a bit.

I didn't help them one bit, but I got to see the parade and get in a nice morning walk.

After later
Jenny

No comments: