Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jig...

Sunday Nick and I drove to SLC (or rather Nick drove, I was along for the ride, still recovering from the overheating at Crystal Park) to pick up Shanna from the airport. We are very happy that she's coming back and going back to school. We've missed her. So it was about driving, snagging her from the airport and driving home. I did make one stop at the Whole Foods to pick up blackberry izzes, a fizzy, all fruit drink that I love.

Yesterday we moved her in to various and sundry places in our house. Her bed and necessary stuff is in my yoga room and her boxes are in the craft closet. She's going to redo her room before really moving back in. We're going to take up the crappy tiles and do something about her floor. She's going to repaint the whole thing a bright white to increase the light in the basement room. It worked amazingly well for the bathroom. We're lucky in that the basement does get a lot of light from it's big windows. It's just that Shanna's room has a North facing window. The window that looks out under the porch is going to be retained, but we're going to insulate it, and cover it with pegboard so that Shanna can use it as a jewelry hanger. She doesn't like the window there. Personally, I would have redone the window so it looks like stained glass, but it's not my room so...

Hopefully her phone recharger will arrive in the mail today or tomorrow. She accidentally left it in Texas and this prevents her looking for work. We no longer have a general home phone. She needs/wants a job asap. I would love to have a general home phone again. Frankly it may be the first thing I do once Nick is employeed. I frequently don't hear my cell phone, it moves around my house too much and I am prone to leaving it in my purse as well.

Its great to have her back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shanna is working like mad

The question remains, what to do with the floor. It's a slightly buckles concrete floor with adhesive remaining from the old tiles. Options are (after removing adhesive):
1)paint
2)vinyl floor (requires sanding & leveling)
3)new wood subfloor and then something (wood may rot)
4)new pad & rug remnant
... decisions ... decisions ...