Saturday, July 16, 2022

July 15 Mini Letter

Dear friends,

As you may know they are creating a new monster building across the street from my house. We're two years in and it's still in process. The entire first year was taken up with daily earthshaking, and I mean that literally. Recently I have begun to have concerns about my house's foundation. So for ~$500 I've got an engineer coming today to assess the status of this old house's foundation.

I've also got a siding/windows/gutters contractor coming. The plastic siding is starting to chip and I want it replaced before we start seeing water coming in. Oh, and let's not forget all the windows that won't open and are not energy efficient.

I've already got a chimney guy's quote for fixing our chimney, cleaning it, and switching our fireplaces from wood to gas. Though I am still thinking about how much money I want to spend on this. I must do the chimney fixing/cleaning it's the swap to gas that I'm pondering.

I'm really stressed about the foundation because that will be an enormous expense to fix. If all goes well we'll move forward on some of this. The housing market is so crazy here that it is better for me to invest in this house than it is to move elsewhere.

So this is what's on my mind. Along with work issues, worry about friends and loved ones, frustration that I haven't updated my personal blog nor created any new video content. Etc....

Hugs and best wishes on your journey
Jenny

No comments: