Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bozeman Montana to Home: fourth stop on northern sabbatical circuit


DSC02618
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
I didn't stop much on the road to Bozeman either. If it really was the electrical system in my car then I had better drive and drive and hope that nothing else failed. I arrived in the afternoon and hung out in my hotel. I had to write up the visit to Missoula so it worked out fine. As I said earlier, most of my fun was watching scenery as I drove. I definitely missed my stereo though.

The interview went well and I had a great time with the librarians there. I spotted a ring necked pheasant walking by the side of the freeway exit (perhaps he was hitchhiking?). Originally I had planned to drive through Yellowstone on the way home, but between the incoming storm and the wacky car I decided to stick to I15 and just get out.

The ride home was uneventful, though cloudy and beautiful. I made an appointment for my car to see my stereo people when I got home. The stereo people had installed the cruise control also. I cannot say enough good things about them. They called me a couple hours after receipt of my vehicle to tell me that there was a bit of metal floating about in the cigarette lighter which kept shorting out the stereo fuse. Nothing else was wrong... They didn't even charge me.

Photos
To Bozeman: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604600201409/
Montana State University: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604682822509/

No comments: