Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Blue Jay Has Landed

It is interesting how sometimes life gives you what you need instead of what you want.  I had no idea that I needed THAT much thinking time, but apparently forces beyond my control decided I did.

I went to work for a couple hours on Monday, mainly so that I could catch my Dean up on what had happened during the two weeks she was on vacation.  I talked to several other people to make sure our projects were on track and then headed out.  I ran a couple of errands, gassed the car and hit the road.

Trip leg 1 driving to Boise.  I did some thinking and some singing (finally feeling that my voice may actually come back to me.)  I did a bunch of talking with my Mom and my friend Raven.  I got to the Boise airport early enough that I could park my car (no sky cap service) and take my two monster bags in and get them checked in.  Thank heavens.  There is no way I can manage the two monsters plus my carry on and purse at the same time.  This left me time to go visit a bit with Corinne who was kind enough to let me leave my car at her place.  She is so sweet and lovely.  She dropped me back at the airport in plenty of time to get through the tsa and onto my plane.

Trip leg 2 flying to Seattle. Duo's brother works for the tsa in Boise so I kept my eye out and wouldn't you know it, fate intervened and he ended up searching my computer bag.  It seems that the gold glittery jewelry bag that Arlene gave me is impenetrable by whatever method they use so they had to identify what the black spot was.  We talked a bit and joked and when we realized it was the jewelry bag he said women have too much jewelry to which I replied that it wasn't possible.  He clarified that his sister has too much.  I laughed.  Boy is he going to be in trouble for that comment.  I settled in with my Kindle for the waiting.  I've been reading "The 5 Love Languages" it's quite interesting/fascinating and had quite a few insights for me personally.  Anyway, time to board the plane rolls around and no, there's something the mechanics want to assess.  Uh Oh.

No problem still going to arrive in plenty of time to meet up with Min and the next flight.

But no, delayed even longer.  Flight was supposed to board at 7.  At 8:15 I got rebooked on a later flight.  At 8:30 I got rebooked and comped a hotel.  At 9:00 we finally left Boise.  Arriving in Seattle was entertaining.  I now had to find my way to the Red Lion.  But first was finding some parking island to get the shuttle.  I was about to choose sleeping in the airport when a guy who looked like he worked there strolled by.  He got me where I needed to go.  YAY.

Red Lion in Seattle has the best beds ever.  Sleep was awesome.  Waking up and putting my traveling clothes on from the last day, not so awesome.  Thinking and going slower, awesome.  Getting 4 hours of sleep, not so much.  Anyway, finally caught the plane out of Seattle at 6:00 a.m. So yes, you guessed it I was up and back at the airport at 4:00.  I arrived in Anchorage at 8:30 a.m., two time zones away from my normal one.

To add confusion to this expedition, Melinda had left her cell phone in her car.  More on that later.

No comments: