Friday, May 08, 2009

Driving to Moscow


DSC07782
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
There are two ways to get from Pocatello ID to Moscow ID. The first is via I15 to Couer d'Alene then South on US-95. According to Mapquest it takes 9 hours 7 minutes (612.64 miles). The second way is to drive to Boise on I84 then North on US-95. According to Mapquest it takes 8 hours 42 minutes (558.94 miles).

However, the first route is mainly on Freeway so it goes rather quickly. The second route (after Boise) is on two lane highway so it can go much more slowly. Then there's also factors such as weather to take into consideration. I'd rather do the long fast way if there's a chance of snow.

In any case, I decided to go the short slow way for the first time as an adult person this month. I had a speaking engagement at the Idaho Library Association - Northern Region in Moscow. And so began the drive. US-95 is very scenic!

See more photos of this drive at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157617844962542/

I drove the long fast way home. Since I compulsively stop and stretch my legs or take photos or what have you, both drives take the same length of time... 10-11 hours.

Jenny

No comments: