Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Salt Lake City


DSC07826
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
I went to Salt Lake City Feb 28 - Mar 1 with friends to shop and hang out. Luckily I was able to rendez-vous with my family and get Shanna. The next weekend (see Birding entry on March 7) I went to SLC to go birding with Melinda and pick up some stuff from Rebecca's storage unit.

I had previously planned on going to the Ogden Rock show with my friend John on Friday March 13th. So for the third week in a row I headed out for Utah. Shanna went with us and we had a great time. I only realized that neither of them knew how to drive a stick shift after we had been driving for an hour or so...

By now, Mom and Melinda had driven back to Dallas because they didn't want to get snowed in here and weren't feeling well. So this is the second week of having Shanna which was great. We decided to pay her to paint our living room moldings and the hall. Anyway we're driving back from Ogden and I get a call from the family telling me they have a plane ticket for Shanna. Bet you can't guess when... Eyup, they had planned it for the very next day, March 14th. Well, neither Shanna nor I were ready to be parted just yet. (AND the painting wasn't finished). So we asked them to check into a delay. *PHEW* they were able to delay the flight for another week.

Nick and I were able to take Shanna to the airport on March 23rd (during spring break). It was a bummer to see her go, and I thought I'd be done with this driving to Utah stuff but no.

So to recap that's the 4 trips to SLC between Mar 1 and Mar 23.

Then April came along. I went to SLC on the 11th for Jessica's Baby Shower (see other entry), and again on April 22-25 for the Utah Library Association meeting. Conveniently Jessica gave birth to Rachel just before I went down there so I got to see mom, dad, and baby in the hospital. Must say that Rachel is truly adorable.

Recap again, we're now at 6 trips to SLC between Mar 1 and April 25.

Then came May. I thought things would slow down, instead it went in two directions. First north to the Idaho Library Association Regional Meeting in Moscow ID (10 hr drive) on May 7-9 then BACK to Utah for the GSA conference with Nick May 11-13, home for a day of work then North to Rexburg to speak at BYU Idaho's library week event. Of course, the pull of Utah cannot be denied so back we went for the Bird Festival May 15-17.

I believe this makes 4 more trips, 2 of them to Utah for a total of 8 trips to Utah, plus 2 trips North between Mar 1 and May 17th.

I like to travel, really I do. But this was a tad ridiculous.

Jenny
who was very happy to sleep in over Memorial day weekend and NOT go anywhere.

No comments: