Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Nick & I went with Duo & Heather to three gardening classes in Idaho Falls at the Town and Country Gardens Greenhouse: http://www.tcgardens.com/seminars.cfm
February 7, 10:00 a.m. Pruning and Tree Care
February 21, 10:00 a.m. Square Foot Gardening
March 21, 10:00 a.m. Fruit Trees
It was a lot of fun and good learning. We (or rather Nick) put the Pruning and Tree Care to good use over the Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully the little honey locust trees in front of the house will be able to straighten up. I'd hate to have to remove them because they didn't have parents training them to grow upright. ...

I spent one day weeding off and on as the rain permitted. It was really easy to pull those pesky weeds because the ground was so soft. However, I didn't want to crawl around on the ground so I did lots of lunges and squats and bending over. I am so much more sore from the gardening than I was from the horseback riding. OWWWWIEE!

Still with any luck we'll be able to put all the herbs and other veggies in the ground this weekend.

No comments: