Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day One - Pocatello to Missoula

Calf-A at Dell Montana

Saturday May 24th 2008
Pocatello to Missoula MT
363 miles - estimated 7 hour drive

Nick and I packed up the car and headed for Missoula. We left late enough that stopping in Dell for lunch made sense. The Calf-A serves homemade and local food, including maple bars, I could only eat part of one, which Nick thought was a pretty good deal. 363 miles and not quite 7 hours later we had arrived in Missoula. This was one of only a couple of days that Nick was able to do homework (read). The road wasn’t too curvy, or bumpy. I took Nick to dinner at the fabulous Chinese restaurant (China Garden) I had found the last time I was there.

Super 8 Motel - Missoula/Brooks Street
3901 S Brooks St: I-90 Exit 101 So. 5 M.
Missoula, MT 59804-7395 US

Receipts:
Maverick gas – Pocatello ID
Yesterday Calf A – Dell Mt
Bonner Town Pump - Milltown MT
Albertsons (groceries) – Missoula MT
China Garden – Missoula MT

We ate breakfast out of our own coolers most of the time, protein drink for me and orange juice, coffee and yoghurt for Nick. It was an excellent way to reduce our costs.

I15 Montana

Wildlife & Birds:

Gold eagle
Bald eagle
Magpies
Crows
Ravens
Red tailed hawks
Brewers blackbirds
Red winged blackbirds
Barn swallows
Cliff swallows
Bank swallows
Northern harrier
American kestrel
House sparrows
House finches
Lazuli bunting
Starlings
Mourning doves
Rock doves
Western meadowlarks
Robins

No comments: