Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Boulder and Denver Colorado: 3rd, & 4th stops on the rocky mountain


DSC02941
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
What can you say about Boulder that hasn't already been said? It's beautiful, environmentally conscious, with lots of great shops and restaurants. The University of Colorado Boulder has an enormous library with 1/2 floors. My meeting was on the 4.5 floor. The librarians recommended a fabulous Italian restaurant near Pearl St.

Next a short drive to Lakewood, it's close to Denver and close to Golden too. The hotel was great, I had a corner room with lots of windows, a nice desk, and a really solid internet connection. I spent the rest of the day uploading photos, catching up with email, and transcribing notes.

In the morning I went to the Auraria library. This library is the academic library for the University of Colorado-Denver, the Metropolitan University and the Denver community College. That's a lot of responsibility for one set of librarians.

After the visit I wanted to go do something fun/different. I had done so much driving and birding that now was the time for shopping. I called Nick and with his help (he had an internet connection) I went all over town to various specialty type stores. I got clothes and jewelery and accessories and souvenirs and spent waaaay too much money.

University of Colorado - Boulder: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604914584281/
University of Colorado - Denver: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604987220408/

No comments: