Thursday, May 08, 2008

Golden Colorado: fifth stop on the rocky mountain circuit


DSC03187
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
I had to leave early in the morning again. Funny thing, when you set up appointments at 9:00 in the morning, you have to get out really early in order to 1. find a parking place and 2. find the library. Colorado School of Mines has a beautiful campus with confusing parking. I ended up just parking on the street and hoping that with school out for spring break I'd not get a ticket. It wasn't a red or yellow zone so maybe.... I did notice that I was parked on the street not only near the library, but near the Geology Museum.

After visiting the library, which was interesting and informative, I crossed the street and spent a very pleasurable hour looking at all the minerals, rocks, gems, jewelry and other informative displays at the museum.

I headed back to my hotel where I remained ensconced working on work like a good girl and avoiding all stores. I decided to just do the really long drive and not stop at Fruita, so I canceled that hotel. after the shopping, I felt guilty spending any money unnecessarily.

Colorado School of Mines: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604987869998/
Geology Museum: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604992435715/

No comments: