Thursday, May 01, 2008

Laramie Wyoming: first stop on the rocky mountain circuit


yhblackbirds01
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
It's a long drive from Pocatello to Laramie but it goes swiftly when there are clouds in the sky (keeping the sun from beating down) and when the stereo functions. Tuesday April 29th I headed for Laramie. I saw a lot of pronghorns. Actually, I've seen lots of pronghorns everywhere. I think I've seen them in every state I visited. I also saw the largest flock of yellowheaded blackbirds ever. I mean there were hundreds of them. It was stunning.

Wyoming gets so much snow that they build corrals to keep it in. I know, I amuse myself too. :)

The next morning I loaded up the car only to be pestered by an unusual birdsong. A dusky flycatcher, which I had never seen before was serenading me goodbye. The interview with Univ of Wyoming went well and I said goodbye to Wyoming and headed for Fort Collins Colorado.

Photos
Drive to Laramie: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604817663276/
University of Wyoming: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604832297920/

No comments: